As an alternative to a ‘Pay as You Go’ approach we are pleased to be associated with Denplan to provide plans for our patients.
Denplan have been part of the dental industry for over 25 years and have gained a great deal of experience during that time. They use this knowledge and experience of the dental industry to develop and tailor their plans to each practice. In line with our approach Denplan strongly promote preventive dentistry and the dental plans they arrange are designed to help keep you dentally fit with visits to your dental practice as often as is recommended.
Denplan plans are an excellent way to ensure that your dental health continues to be monitored and maintained. When you have access to preventive care you may not need any restorative work.
If, however, you find you need unexpected dental treatment you have reassurance that your dentist will provide the appropriate clinical care.
Prevention is better than cure
Good oral health isn’t just about avoiding fillings and toothache; it’s a big part in your overall general health and wellbeing. So it’s better to stop problems before they start and regular dental appointments can help reduce the need for treatment in the future. As we age our teeth and gums naturally deteriorate so the earlier you start looking after them the better. As a Denplan patient your dentist will advise you on the best way to keep your mouth and teeth healthy and provide you with regular check-ups and time with the hygienist. Developing a good oral care routine is essential in ensuring your teeth and gums are always kept healthy.
Preventive care doesn’t cost the earth
By choosing Denplan you can spread the cost of your regular visits to the dentist and hygienist. It means you can budget for your regular oral care and ensure you have regular access to a dentist when you need it.
Once you have had your new patient examination and any required treatment has been completed the Dentist will categorise you into one of 5 bands A-E based on your individual circumstances.
After this, all routine preventive AND restorative dental care is covered (with the exception of lab bills). That means that you are covered for all examinations, all hygienist appointments and for any treatment that is required. So if you need a filling, or root canal treatment or a crown you can rest assured that it’s covered under Denplan Care.
- Denplan Care is a monthly payment plan which helps you pay for your routine and restorative dental treatment,
- The amount you pay is decided by your dentist and is based on your oral health and how much dental treatment you will need,
- After an initial assessment by the dentist of your oral health (for which you may be charged) you will be placed into one of five fee categories,
- Denplan Care includes worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover and access to
- Denplan’s 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline (for more details go to www.denplan.co.uk).
Denplan Care includes routine and restorative care such as:
- Hygiene treatment (including scaling and polishing)
- Dental x-rays
- Fillings which have been diagnosed as clinically necessary
- Preventive dental advice and therapy
- Extractions which have been diagnosed as clinically necessary
- Periodontal (gum) treatment
- Crowns, bridges, dentures, inlays (excluding laboratory fees)
- Root canal treatment
Denplan Care excludes:
- Laboratory fees and prescriptions,
- Referral to a specialist and specialist treatment,
- Treatment carried out anywhere other than by your registered dentist, except when you need temporary emergency dental treatment,
- Orthodontics, implants, cosmetic treatment,
- Sedation fees,
Any treatment excluded by the dentist in your contract which is payable by you at the private fee rates.
Please remember – your routine dental treatment is at the discretion of your dentist and your contract is with your dentist, not Denplan.
I need treatment, is it wise to join Denplan?
Denplan Care is a maintenance plan. The patient is only accepted onto Denplan after they are dentally fit. All treatment necessary will have to be completed before registration
What does it cost?
Our current Denplan charges are listed below. As a guide, most patients fall into category B/C
- Category A: £14.91
- Category B: £21.16
- Category C: £26.57
- Category D: £34.80
- Category E: £42.32
I wish to register on Denplan, what do I do?
Our practice will carry out a dental assessment that will also cover aspects of your oral health. Guided by this initial assessment your dentist will then establish your monthly Denplan Care payment. The amount of existing dental work determines the category.
his payment will be collected monthly by direct debit by Denplan and paid to your dentist. There is also a one-off registration charge, which is equal to one month’s fee, which is collected with your first monthly payment. You then enter into a straightforward continuing care contract with your dentist
I am already on Denplan and wish to transfer
You should inform your current Dentist of the change. He will examine you and provide a leaving assessment. Our practice will examine you and determine your category, at which point you can re-register. A new direct debit mandate needs to be completed. Please remember to cancel your other mandate. This cannot be done automatically